Modern marketing has travelled a long way from hoardings, posters and TV advertisements. It has turned into a game of social media management these days, with lesser investments but stronger competition. To comply with the needs and requirements of gen Z and come out with a successful business on a budget can be a difficult task. However, by familiarizing yourself with some tricks of the trade and keeping up with the trendiest and most updated content marketing tools, you could easily pull off a successful business.
What are Content Marketing Tools?
Nearly 88% of B2B marketers employ content marketing as a digital marketing strategy. You can share downloadable written and visual media that talk at length about your brand, its products and services.
Content marketing is a brilliant lead magnet to funnel in new leads and extend your target audience. To hike up the traffic in your business website, you could make use of different content marketing tools at different stages of content creation.
Different kinds of such tools are available in the e-space today that will not only commercialize your brand name but also provide unique business points and publishing aids to enhance the profit from your venture.
Let us take a look at the five most desirable and highly rated content marketing platforms of 2020.
Contently is a Content Management Software that targets B2B and B2C firms that are in search of a digital marketing strategy on the basis of content generation. Contently has received many positive reviews in having streamlined business campaigns digitally by providing high-quality content that prompts effective results.
The content production tool can provide you with a marketing strategy most suitable for your business type and budget, as well as manage your process flow. It also sets up a content calendar and manages your accounts with expertise.
At a time when 70% of marketers invest in content creation, Contently also hosts events that aspire to enhance the prowess and skills of amateur content marketers from time to time.
- Contently provides financial, insurance, technology, travel and hospitality, and healthcare services to businesses.
- Its features include everything from auditing to social media integration.
- CRM integration, campaign management, communication management, e-mail integration, data visualization, engagement analytics, feedback management, image editing, production tracking, real-time analysis and visual and web analytics are among Contently’s key services.
- The NY-based next-generation content marketing tool works with industrial biggies including Google, Walmart, Marriott, and Dell.
Contently works on subscription that ranges between $3000 and $25000 per month.
Blogs are among the three most used content marketing strategies of 2020, apart from infographics and video content. 73% of people around the world brush through blogs regularly while 27% consume them ardently.
According to HubSpot, 18% of businesses use platforms like WordPress to popularize their brands and communicate with their target audience better.
You cannot expect the message of your intended business to reach the right audience if your blogs and write-ups are constructed poorly. Here is where a grammar and spelling correction tool like Grammarly can come to the rescue.
- What makes Grammarly different is that it stands apart from normal spell-check tools by crafting your content with better grammar as well as rating it based on its readability.
- Grammarly even determines the tone of your content and judges your language and usage.
- The saviour of a writing tool can be configured with Google Chrome and integrated with Gmail and social media to automatically correct your write-ups without having to paste them on its platform.
- It picks out unnecessary fillers, modifiers, overused and inappropriate words.
Grammarly works on both free and subscription modes. For premium services, you may upgrade to an affordable annual package of $11.66 per month.
BuzzSumo the go-to solution if you are in a dilemma regarding what’s the current trend. It analyses topics of discussion and watches over your competitors and their content generation to keep you updated and never leaves a stone unturned.
Competitor analyses will not only acquaint you with the trends in the market but also help in comparing your marketing strategy or content quality with that of your contemporaries.
Receiving a rating can help you study your business strategies further and update as required. BuzzSumo does just that!
- BuzzSumo helps you to analyse the most searched and read topics of content on the social media platforms and streamline your campaign to suit the need of the hour.
- Reaching out to the right ambassador for advertising your product/service online can completely transform your business. BuzzSumo can clear the confusion around which influencer/celebrity to approach and provides an insight into the social media influence your competitors have.
- The social media analytics and curation tool provides features including content insights, influencer amplification, content alerts, competitor analysis & comparisons, social backlinks, advanced filtering, content curation, and data export among others.
BuzzSumo offers a limited free trial for users that provides limited search results. However, you can always transfer to the paid version at $99-$499 per month.
The most important aspect to winning over your competitors is to watch over their work, strategies and methodology of business. Ahrefs is an SEO tool that can help you track the content marketing strategies of your better competitors and channel your performance to outrank them.
A HubSpot report reveals that more than 74% of marketers invest their time in generating SEO-friendly content. The content gap is a factor that may stand between your healthier competitors and yourself in the marathon to number one position.
Ahrefs keeps track of your progress along with your competitors so that you get an insight into what each of the industrial marketers has and lacks.
- Content research, monitoring the web for the best-rated works, backlink growth analysis, search traffic estimations, SERP history analysis, internal backlink analysis, etc. make Ahrefs the most user-friendly platform among content marketing tools.
- You can even expose yourself to the most searched and valued pages on a website using its ‘top-pages’ feature.
- Mobile ranking, update frequency, location tracking, and keyword rankings are also specifications of Ahrefs.
Ahrefs does not offer free trials and its pricing packages begin at $99.00 per month.
Visual content sells more than written ones. They’re brief, attractive and one cannot help but gravitate towards it. Apart from voice searches, podcasts and video content, images are the most sought-after marketing strategy of the current era.
A well modelled, stylishly crafted visual content can draw attention to your brand as a huge hoarding does. If you are working on a budget, a professional designer might be too expensive for your liking.
Here is where Canva can come of expert use. It is a good substitute for any Photoshop software at the beginning stages of a business.
- Canva has been rated among the top-most image editing tools of 2020. Starting from Instagram and Facebook posts to whole presentations; Canva can do it all. The image-editing software differs from its contemporaries in quality, resolution and uniqueness.
- Built-in layouts and customized templates help in boosting the appeal of an image/poster you are looking to design.
- Canva provides a wide range of layouts, stock images and illustrations, social media graphics, a rich library of fonts, drag & drop editor, custom templates, and customizable branding.
The application runs for free and it offers just the right options to optimize your images to suit your content and/or business motto. It also has a premium paid version starting at $9.95 per month.
Dependable content marketing tools shall modify your content such that it is fetching, engrossing and generates inquisitiveness. Before brooding over why your business does not seem to match up to the standards of A-listers, take some time to analyse what your venture demands and list down the most appropriate marketing tools for your taste and budget.
By investing a few weeks into planning a strategy for the ultimate marketing strategy, you can save time, minimize effort and reap better benefits.
Feel free to add more to our list and share with us your best experience with a content marketing tool in the comments below!