The digital marketing game is getting bigger and diverse by the minute. With such tremendous growth, marketers would also face multiple difficulties in deciding over which way to go. E-mail marketing, social media advertising, SEO content marketing, pay-per-click advertising; the list goes on and on. Each of these methods has its own pros and cons. The trick is to land at those strategies that nurture your industry and business to the fullest.
Among digital marketing strategies, Facebook ads and LinkedIn ads are garnering better popularity. These platforms are known for facilitating cost-effective advertising methods. Alongside these effective strategies is PPC advertising. It calls for more investment from your side as a marketer but reaps better benefits in the long run.
Challenges Faced by B2C Marketers
The multitude of dilemmas you might encounter as you initiate your digital marketing campaign can be rather intimidating. Most Business-to-Consumer (B2C) marketers tend to face the following challenges.
- Garnering enough traffic on the business website is a headache. Generating better traffic involves a long chain of marketing agendas. If a couple of these fail, the results may drag along slower.
- Optimizing content for smartphones has turned out to be unavoidably necessary for B2C sellers. By 2021, mobile payment for e-commerce businesses is all set to reach $274 billion. By not conforming to mobile-friendly interfaces, you could be out of the seller game in no time.
- Retaining customer loyalty by consistently providing satisfying services is another area of expertise one should excel in. Customer experiences and reviews can transform a business into a brand. Incorporating voice searches, better return policy and responding to their negative reviews can show huge differences.
- Practically every business has gone online with a Facebook and/or Instagram page. Social media competition calls for unique strategies and offers that your customers cannot refuse.
- B2C e-commerce space is a battlefield, with an unending competition. But this can be tackled by understanding your market and audience. You will need an effective plan to bring together the perfect recipe for success.
Don’t falter too much. If you are confused as to which marketing method suits your business better, we are here to help you. Find out here whether Facebook ads, PPC ads or LinkedIn ads will seal the deal for you.
Facebook ads specialize in tracking down users based on their demographic, location, history and other information. Advertising on the world’s biggest social media platform does have its perks. It is also highly cost-effective.
Here are the reasons why Facebook ads can benefit your business –
- According to Sprout Social, 1.64 billion people visit Facebook daily. For a B2C marketer, there is no other platform so viable. This humungous audience base provides a space for tireless advertising.
- Micro-targeting of audiences is one of the biggest perks of Facebook ads. Analyse a user’s online behaviour, demographic, age, preference, location and linguistic background to see if he/she is a promising lead. The targeting options on Facebook are better than most advertising platforms. It even avails you to target your competitor’s leads.
- Finding new leads with Facebook is a cakewalk. ‘Lookalike audiences’ feature on Facebook allows you to track leads with similar tastes to your customers.
- You can always remarket to familiar leads using Facebook ads.
- Adding a Call-to-Action Button will take your audience to your business website in a click. This feature includes Book Now, Apply Now, Sign Up, Contact Us, Download and Learn More.
- Facebook endorses amazing analytics that few other social media platforms provide. Not only can you design and put up ads, but you can also track their performance, determine conversion rates and other social metrics. With Ads Manager (Find out here what it is), you can see your weekly reach, page likes, engagement, performance analysis, etc.
Granted; Facebook ads take time to reap results. But it is a democratic platform with space for everyone. If your digital marketing strategies can hit bull’s eye, your efforts will pay off.
Here is a little tip: According to Sprout Social, Facebook’s highest traffic hours are between Wednesday and Thursday.
Pay-per-Click marketing is usually resorted to by marketers testing keyword profitability and ROI. This is an advertising strategy through which you can pay a fee every time your ad is clicked by a customer.
It is a simple method that can benefit both B2C and B2B marketers. Here is why it is advisable.
- The results of PPC ads are measurable. Networks like Google AdWords allow you to analyse different metrics and verify a satisfying ROI. Discover how Google ads work here. This permits the study of how many have seen your ad, the number of clicks and buyers.
- You can track your ROI with Conversion Pixels. Pixel tracking has made keyword determination rather easy in Facebook ads and Adwords. This will help you determine the right keywords, messages and other details.
- You can also choose the audience to whom you wish to advertise using their demographic and location.
- Re-targeting options will display your advert to a user who has previously visited you.
- Fast results are an advantage of PPC ads. You can track them immediately as opposed to SEO. If instant traffic generation is your goal, PPC ads can serve you immensely.
- Global and local exposure to your business can be ensured using PPC ads. By channelling your ad campaigns to specific audiences, you can decide its potential reach. This control over where you need your ads to be exposed is a perk.
- PPC ads provide complete control over your ad campaign.
PPC marketing can be rather tough to mechanize and requires a steady investment. However, investing in PPC ads are seen to be very effective. 79% of marketers believe that this strategy is highly effective, according to PPC Protect. 17% of them use it for lead generation.
LinkedIn is a business platform like no other. The meeting place of thousands of professionals, LinkedIn offers amazing probabilities for advertising your service or product directly to other businesses.
Let’s get you familiarized with LinkedIn advertising.
- LinkedIn hosts 600 million users. This ensures a large audience. According to Oberlo, 663.3 million people can be targeted using LinkedIn ads, as of January 2020.
- LinkedIn is perfect for B2B advertisers. With 60% of its users being managers or other professionals, LinkedIn facilitates specific targeting.
- Reaching out directly to CEOs, CTOs and managers is an edge that LinkedIn provides. No other social media is so carefully curated to accommodate mostly professionals. Therefore, if you are looking to avoid miscellaneous customers and would like to reach out to the high-ends of a firm, LinkedIn can save you. It is perfect for a product/service that isn’t sold every day.
- The minimum daily budget of LinkedIn advertising is approximately $2. Short-term campaigns can benefit from this rate. LinkedIn also offers PPC marketing features.
- There are around ten varieties of LinkedIn ads. Sponsored ads, Text ads, Dynamic ads; you name it!
- You can use your own data to LinkedIn and it will match user profiles with it. For instance, you may upload a series of e-mails and if they match more than 300 profiles, the result will be a Matched Audience whose information you may use in your campaign.
While Facebook ads allow you to reach audiences organically, LinkedIn facilitates a rather specific and curated methodology. If your prospects are other businesses or company heads, LinkedIn is a great place to start.
With multiple advantages and disadvantages on either end, each of the above-mentioned ad campaigns churns in amazing results. However, if you are a small marketer looking to make it big, Facebook ads are a great way to start. This organic method lets you connect with your local audience better.
Once your business goes on its feet, you can conveniently resort to PPC advertising. Make sure you do this after you confirm that investing in advertising is sure to bring better conversion rates. LinkedIn advertisements can be simultaneously resorted to. This helps to stabilize your brand name and imparts an authenticity to your business.
Make perfect and complete use of your Facebook and LinkedIn profiles before investing in PPC ads.
If you have doubts concerning any of these marketing methods, feel free to comment down below. We’ll be happy to answer them.