If you are a marketer looking to make it big in the game, you will need to be aware of the importance of backlinks. Good-quality backlinks can improve your site ranking immensely. Let us get you familiarized with the idea of link building. We will move on to the ways to get high-quality backlinks in this blog later.
What are Backlinks?
To get better ranks on Google SERPs, your site needs to build links from other popular websites. This will eventually lead to better traffic and increased audience.
The tactic that operates behind link building is that of search engine optimization or SEO.
If building better traffic is a priority for you, you need to dig up ways to get high-quality backlinks. Building backlinks is a cost-effective method to help shoot up your traffic.
Tools to get high-quality backlinks
You have an aid in the form of tools to help you build better backlinks. These tools will help you view who wishes to link to your website and recognize who all are linking to the sites of your competitors.
Such effective tools will also help you curate a list of potential link buddies to associate with.
1. Majestic SEO
Majestic SEO will help you track your online visibility and analyse your marketing strategies. Developed by Majestic-12 Ltd, this tool has been extremely popular among marketers since 2008.
The service provider has a humongous collection of links in their databases.
Majestic SEO can browse you on which all sites are linking to your competitors’ content and reveal possible opportunities for you to seek links to your own site.
The program does begin with a free version, which is a good start for a newbie. You can also subscribe to its upgrade for Majestic SEO’s full data set.
- It gives you a free report regarding all your sites’ active/inactive links.
- Being user-friendly, Majestic SEO offers web browser plug-in on Google Chrome.
- Its Fresh Index feature updates new links daily.
- You can perform a reliable backlink audit with this tool, for free!
Find out more about Majestic SEO here.
2. Moz Link Explorer
Built by MOZ Software Company, this SEO tool is made available as a SaaS product.
It helps you avoid Google penalties and subsequently increases your site’s rankings. Its features are similar to Majestic SEO.
Link Explorer lets you enter a URL of the website/page for which you want to get link data. It then supplies a well-detailed analysis on the same.
It is also important to check the spam scores of backlinks, which is enabled by Moz. Similar to Majestic, it also helps you track your competitors’ backlinks and discover new link building scopes.
Although it has a free, well-refined version, a paid subscription is also available. SEO professionals tend to prefer their medium package. But the free version is good enough to get you started.
- This Saas product searches for sites with domain authority for links.
- Checking your spam score on Moz will keep you updated on your status.
- It avoids links banned by Google.
- Moz Link Explorer helps you keep track of your competitors.
Check your links with Moz Link Explorer here.
SEMrush is a complete set of SEO tools that a marketer may ever need. It does not only help you to get high-quality backlinks but also to check your backlink statuses regularly.
Similar to other tools, SEMrush helps you keep track of your competitors’ sites as well.
Their backlink comparison tool will help you analyse your own domain’s backlinks with those of others.
You can start with SEMrush for free. Once you get familiarized with their services, you may always upgrade. Else, you may cancel as you please within 14 days.
- SEMrush serves you to build links on any niches.
- The tool tracks down white hat links. Find out what white hat SEO is here. (Need to know how to work on improving white hat SEO? Find out with what are the five techniques to improve traffic using white hat SEO.)
- SEMrush provides regular reports and statistics to help you improve your performance.
- SEMrush provides details like which TLD’s zone is linking to your pages in its overview reports.
Get SEMrush for a free 30-day trial period here.
BuzzSumo is an industry-favourite of content marketers. It helps you compare the backlinks of two or more domains.
The free version of BuzzSumo is good enough for you to get started on checking the backlinks. The free trial period runs for 7 days.
Subscribing to BuzzSumo ensures that you will have access to their databases of links for five years. It is most suitable for bloggers, SEO professionals and budding businesspersons.
A desirable feature of this tool is that it allows you to send emails to reach out to aspiring backlinks sites.
- BuzzSumo identifies two-way links.
- It helps you to improve your site rankings by refining your content marketing strategy and helps you to get high-quality backlinks.
- You may reach out to social media links from all sorts of niches using this tool.
Craving to know more? Find out here!
Brought to the market by SEOProfiler, OpenLinkProfiler can help you check backlinks for your blog, a page or your entire website.
OpenLinkProfiler uses Link Diagnosis to browse through these various options to suit your convenience. It also provides various other outputs and features.
This free backlink checker keeps updating to supply the freshest possible links to its users. You are also free to export fresh backlinks in the .csv format.
Highly recommended among marketers, OpenLinkProfiler can inform you of the LIS score of any page. It also distinguishes domains based on their industries.
- The Link Disinfection tool lets you differentiate between low and high-quality links pointing back to your website.
- OpenLinkProfiler sends you email notifications when new, compatible links are being opened.
- It curates and differentiates pages with maximum and minimum links.
Find out more about OpenLinkProfiler here.
LinkMiner is an all-encompassing link analyser tool. Its features include analysing backlinks to provide all of its necessary details.
LinkMiner differentiates links based on categories like blogs, Q&A and forums.
The tool analyses the link strength of sites as well. It has also merged Majestic historic and fresh index. This will be extremely useful in finding the best possible backlinks.
You can start with a 10-day free trial to get acquainted with LinkMiner’s features.
- LinkMiner provides the live previews of backlinks.
- It has an option for you to save your favourite backlinks.
- The advanced backlink analysis features let you get a well-rounded idea about everything related to the links.
Check your backlinks using LinkMiner!
7. Ahrefs Free Backlink Checker
As soon as it has entered the market, Ahrefs’ backlink checker tool has garnered much attention from marketers. Their free plan allows you to check backlinks. For more features, you will need to subscribe to their premium plans.
The free tool reveals the top 100 backlinks to any webpage/domain.
Ahrefs provides a complete backlink analysis and the anchor text analysis of your website. There is no doubt as to why it has become so popular, after all.
- Ahrefs is popular because it provides data like anchor text distributions, dofollow-nofollow links, lost/new backlink information and domain ratings.
- It can help you identify negative SEO that falls prey to Google’s Penguin Update.
- It offers a percentage breakdown of anchor text that point to your site.
- It updates its database regularly every 15 minutes.
Find out more about Ahrefs Free Backlink Checker here.
This blog has brought together some of the most recommended and trusted backlink checker tools for your use. Although some of their advanced features require payment, free versions of these tools are always a good place to start from.
It is not entirely easy to get high-quality backlinks. Along with the right tools, you would also need certain fool-proof strategies to curate the best possible links.
Find out the different ways in which you can get high-quality backlinks from the best strategies here.
Do you agree with our picks of backlink tools? Have more to add? Comment down below!